Backroads of Utah.
I did both the writing (30,000 words and photography (125+ photos).
Not long ago, the only way to explore Utah was by backroad. While the Beehive State now has one
of the fastest-growing populations in the West, Utah is still full of off-the-beaten-path places that
offer views of breathtaking mountain peaks, vast dry desert landscapes, glowing red-rock arches, and
signs that dinosaurs and ancient peoples once lived here.
In Backroads of Utah, longtime resident Theresa A. Husarik leads you on thirty driving tours—complete
with maps and route directions—to the state's most scenic corners. You'll visit all five of the state's
stunning national parks—Bryce Canyon, Zion, Capitol Reef, Arches, and Canyonlands—as well as abandoned
Old West mining towns, majestic mountains that are home to the greatest snow on earth, and the Great
Salt Lake's largest island.
Tracing the history of Mormon pioneers, mountain men, and even the movie business in Utah, this book
also takes you along the old Pony Express route, follows the Colorado River to glorious Lake Powell, and
heads to rugged lands that will test your sense of off-roading adventure. With more than 120 full-color
photos of Utah's best scenery, as well as interesting historical archive photos, Backroads of Utah truly
showcases the many inspiring wonders of this state.
Hobby Farming for Dummies
This book is written for the person who is tired of the hustle and bustle of city life and thinks moving out to the country might be the life for them. I go through some of the things that
you need to look out for, and give some tips on raising animals and crops, then enjoying the fruits of your labor.
- My wildlife and nature images have been published in numerous publications, both for editorial and advertising projects. Two book covers are:
|Back inside cover of the
National Audubon Society
Field Guide to
North American Mammals
One Nation Series
- I have a series of children's books and a field guide in the works, for which I am doing
both the photography and writing.
- My writing and photography has appeared both in print and online, in publications such as
PCPhoto and PhotoTechniques, in technical documents for companies such as
Novell and NXi, and for a time I even wrote about knitting (I was a regular columnist for INKnitters magazine
(formerly Machine Knitter's Source) and wrote articles and custom patterns for KnitWords).
- I wrote for the Valley Journals in Salt Lake County (two years as feature writer for the Sandy Journal and currently for Ski and Snowboard News).
- Writing and photography samples are available online:
- I developed and wrote for the Salt Lake City website at About.com from 1997 to 2007.
- I have written several how-to articles on photography, and they can be read at my
- I have written several hardware and software reviews for the Utah chapter of the ASMP.
- My images are also displayed throughout the Utah.com website
and the Total Yellowstone website.
- I was managing editor for an online technical support magazine at Novell, Inc.
- More sample clips
- One of my images was purchased by the BYU Life Science Museum.
- I have 2 images in the Torrey Art Gallery.
- I have been in several juried shows, both multi-artist as well as solo
(and won "Best of Show" at the St. George Arts Festival one year).
- I won the Ernst Haas Award (3rd place) for a series of photos on "Trees".
- I am a member of the Society of Children's Book Writers and Ilustrators (SCBWI),
National Association of Photoshop Professionals (NAPP), and served as
a boardmember and webmaster for the
Utah Chapter of the ASMP
- I am a member of the
Creative Eye Co-op,
Geoimagery Stock Agencies.
- I taught Photoshop and various photography and web design workshops for the Salt Lake Art Center for
8 years. Other photo and HTML workshops were done for various organizations such as NANPA, Novell, Inkley's,
the Photographic Print Society, The
Audubon Society, Wyoming Outdoor, and the Greater Yellowstone Coalition.
My images have appeared in postcards for
Impact Images as well as a set of Note Cards
I produced myself. I also have a line of Screen Savers.